Dear Greenbriar Church Family,
There are two ditches we can fall into when it comes to our reaction to the COVID-19 virus:
One ditch is that we become riddled with crippling fear and anxiety; the other ditch is that we completely disregard the danger of the virus. The truth is that the virus is dangerous and we should take wise precautions, but the greater truth is that God has not given us a spirit of fear, (2 Tim 1:7). Our prayer is that we live between these two ditches, holding the tension of being wise stewards and being fearless neighbors.
An easy way to say it is this: let’s wash hands and wash feet. Let’s be wise and follow the CDC’s advisements (wash hands) and let’s also love others well during this time (wash feet). Below is our current response to both of those things. Please reference this page frequently, as well as our other social media platforms for updates as we move forward.
Here is our current working schedule. Please check back for frequent updates.
10:00 am Sunday Gathering
- Physical meetings canceled for the time being
- The service will be made available online
- All MC’s are encouraged not to physically meet for the time being
- ** Please tune in Wednesday night at 6:45 pm to Facebook Live for the most recent communication update. You will be able to interact through these platforms and ask any questions that may arise.
The Bridge: Student Ministry
- The Bridge is currently meeting online!
All other scheduled events hosted at the church building have been canceled for the time being
- Band practice
- Music Lessons
April 1 | COVID - 19 Update
Ways to Give
While we are not meeting in person, we would still like for you to have the opportunity to worship through giving. We encourage you to give online by clicking the button below or by mailing a check made out to Greenbriar Church to 3404 Gillionville Rd. Albany, GA 31721.
Here is a list of resources we are compiling to help us wash our hands (and our feet).
The Phoebe Coronavirus Hotline is 229-312-1919. Beginning Monday, it will be staffed by multiple Phoebe nurses from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Please use this free resource as a first line of defense if you are concerned about symptoms that could be related to COVID-19.
Wherever you are able to fast and pray, here is a guide, both general and specific for you to pray for yourself and your family, our church family, our community, and our world…
1. Praise God for the awesome, mighty God that He is. All praise is due Him. Take time to reflect on the Lord and allow praise to flow from our lips. Psalm 65, Hebrews 13:15, James 1:26-27, James 3:1-12
Below are ways you could pray this within specific areas. Let this be a guide as you consider ways to pray over each of the prayer requests.
– Your Family – Pray that as you relate to one another in the home, that God will be praised and honored by the things you say to one another. Let’s commit to guard our tongues in our family and as we relate to those closest to us in the home, knowing that with the mouth, we can give forth life or death. It’s our choice as to whether what proceeds forth from our lips is God-honoring, Christ exalting, and others-edifying.
– Our Church – Pray that as a faith family, we will commit to build community among each other and will provoke one another to love and good deeds by speaking forth love and kindness. Pray that the way we interact with each other, verbally, will be God-honoring, Christ exalting, and others-edifying.
– Our Community – Pray that as we, the body of the living Christ is seen, known, and experienced on personal, professional, and relational levels in our community, that the kingdom of God will be seen as His kingdom citizens are speaking forth words of praise and allowing the goodness and greatness of who He is flow through our lives and our mouths to those in our community so that God is honored, Christ is exalted, and the community is edified and pointed towards the One from Whom we were sent.
– Our World – Let’s pray together that our church will be given opportunities to see God honored, Christ exalted, and others beyond our community reached by advancing the gospel and speaking forth the riches, the beauty, the majesty, and the wonder of Who He is and what He’s done so our praises reflect His sovereignty among the nations!
2. Plead for God to give us a deeper glimpse of His holiness and deeper repentance for our sin before Him. Isaiah 6:1-8, Exodus 15:11, 1 Chronicles 16:29, Psalm 29:2, Psalm 96:9, Zephaniah 2:2
3. Ask the Holy Spirit to search your heart for unconfessed sin, fears, or idols in your life. Confess it to the Lord, repent, and receive His forgiveness. Psalm 139:23-24, Leviticus 19:4, Leviticus 26:1, Deuteronomy 29:17, 2 Kings 17:12
4. Give thanks to God for His grace, mercy, and forgiveness found only in Christ. Isaiah 53:4-6; 1 John 1:9
5. Ask God to reveal to us the depth of our need for Christ on a moment-by-moment basis and cry out for Him to enable us to obey Christ fully as His friends. John 15:1-17, Colossians 1-2
6. Ask God to give our elders, deacons, and other leaders a sensitivity to the Holy Spirit and His leading in the life of our church. Pray for our church family to have a willingness to step out on faith as God leads us all and not step back in fear. Pray for a bold courage to follow that only comes from knowing Him. Numbers 13-14; Joshua 1
7. Ask the Lord to give us a great hunger to know and follow His Word. May our roots grow deep and our fruit be abundant for the sake of His glory. Psalm 1, Colossians 3-4
8. Pray for God to give us as His people a desire to live in holiness. Pray for a desire to see us die to self and live for the glory of God in the power of the Holy Spirit. Galatians 5:16-26; 1 Peter 1:13-25; Ephesians 5:15-21
9. Pray for strong godly marriages and homes that will rightly reflect the gospel to an unbelieving community. Deuteronomy 6:1-9; Colossians 3:18-21; Ephesians 5:15-6:4
10. Pray for the lost to be saved and for us to be faithful in opportunities to proclaim Christ to others. Pray specifically for the lost in your sphere of influence to be sensitive to the message of the gospel. Matthew 9:35-38; 2 Peter 3:8-10; Acts 2:37-41
11. Ask God to protect and raise up children and students from this faith family who will bring great honor to Christ in our community and beyond. Deuteronomy 6; Psalm 67:1-2; 1 Timothy 4:12
12. Ask God to bless, lead, and envelop our worship gatherings with His Spirit in order to bring great honor to Christ. John 16:14
13. Ask God to expand our love for Him and our burden for our neighbor. Pray for obedience in opportunities to love our neighbors in this community. Matthew 22:37-39
14. Ask God to give us a greater burden to follow His command for making disciples in our church, in our community and in all nations. Matthew 28:18-20