Dear Greenbriar Church Family,
There are two ditches we can fall into when it comes to our reaction to the COVID-19 virus:
One ditch is that we become riddled with crippling fear and anxiety; the other ditch is that we completely disregard the danger of the virus. The truth is that the virus is dangerous and we should take wise precautions, but the greater truth is that God has not given us a spirit of fear, (2 Tim 1:7). Our prayer is that we live between these two ditches, holding the tension of being wise stewards and being fearless neighbors.
An easy way to say it is this: let’s wash hands and wash feet. Let’s be wise and follow the CDC’s advisements (wash hands) and let’s also love others well during this time (wash feet). Below is our current response to both of those things. Please reference this page frequently, as well as our other social media platforms for updates as we move forward.
Schedule and Updates
Here is our current working schedule. Please check back for frequent updates.
UPDATES THROUGH October 31, 2020
- We will re-evaluate on October 19 to make decisions for November. Please email us at [email protected] with any questions or concernes.
CURRENT GREENBRIAR COVID-19 PROCESSES & PROCEDURES
* Greenbriar staff evaluates current practices every four weeks.
- Current Corporate Gathering (Sundays) Practices
- Create multiple services (2) to reduce auditorium number.
- Elders, Staff, Leaders, and Volunteers (while serving) wearing masks.
- Medical Self-Assessment.
- Temperature screening.
- REME HALO System has been installed in each HVAC unit to reduce the spread of all bacteria and viruses.
- Auditorium gathering recommends masks but does not require masks.
- The Overflow room during the 9am gathering will be dedicated as the Mask Only (Required) room. The Overflow room during the 11am gathering will be mask recommended.
- Family-style worship at the 9AM gathering.
- One-Two year olds classrooms open on Sundays during the 11AM gathering.
- Greeting expectation stickers are available in the lobby
- Three chairs space (tents) for physical distancing and 6-feet apart in rows.
- Limited sharing of physical resources (next step cards, Bibles, etc).
- Refraining from passing the plate during the offering.
- Communion is provided in individual cups and handed to Partners and guests entering the auditorium and overflow room. Communion will also be taken in the seats.
- Fogging Auditorium, Lobby, and Main Restrooms after gathering.
- Facebook/Website Online Streaming of service.
- Share current practices with Partners and attendees.
- Changes to Gathering Practices.
- Facebook/Website Online Streaming of services will be streamed during the 9am service.
- Cooling area under the breezeway will be removed.
- Coffee will be served in the lobby during the month of October.
- Temperature can be checked by either the forehead or elbow.
- Restrooms will not be limited.
- We are currently gathering together at the church building.
9 AM AND 11 AM SERVICES
** Mask only service availble during the 9:00 am service.
** 1-2 Year Old Class open during the 11:00 am Service.
- Online gatherings will still take place on Facebook at 9:00 am
- MC’s have started to regather! Each MC is handling this differently. Please see you MC leader or contact your shepherding elder for more details.
- If you are not currently in an MC and are looking to join, please email [email protected]
The Bridge: Student Ministry
- The Bridge is held in the auditorium at 6:30 pm. Seats are physically distanced.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected]
Welcome Back Video!
Ways to Give
While we are not meeting in person, we would still like for you to have the opportunity to worship through giving. We encourage you to give online by clicking the button below or by mailing a check made out to Greenbriar Church to 3404 Gillionville Rd. Albany, GA 31721.